Praise and Prayer ~ May 7, 2018
- for the success of the trainings we planned in April!
- for the safety of the trainees and trainers as they traveled northern Nigeria and Lagos.
- Peter and Rich met with and designated people to begin organizing a conference for 1000 Muslim background believers
- Rick and Osang had a great experience ministering at the medium security prison and the womens’ prison in Lagos.
- there was a training cancelled last year in Niger, that is now rescheduled with 60 people registered to attend! There are a lot of new believers in the area because of an outreach NLFA did, and they want to know how to follow up with them! Peter, Samuel, Osang, and Mwanta will all be traveling up to do the training on the 27th of May (the training runs through the 2nd of June).
- for the NLFA training, 10 evangelists will now go to evangelize and follow up in Shendam.
- for protection for those attending the Muslim background believer conference; they face dangers from people in their own community, as well as non-Muslim communities along the way, who may suspect them of being attackers. We are going to notify villages and communities along the way of their coming and work with local defense organizations so they know they are not a danger.
- We are trusting God to raise money to support them, we will need $10,000 to pay for their travel, lodging, and food.
- For rest for the Nigeria team and their families after all of the trainings this last month
- for safety for Peter, Samuel, Osang, and Mwanta the end of May as they travel up to Niger to do the training!
- For Peter’s wife for her ongoing health issues, Peter is taking her to the doctor this week to verify the diagnosis she’s been given of hepatitis so they can start treatment.
- For a safe refuge for the refugees in Mbingo.
- still no news of our trainees in Anyajua since the military surrounded the community and began killing people (they suspected that there were local militia organizing).
- Florence says that almost every family in Mbingo is hosting refugees from Belo and Anyajua after the govt. attacks, and they are on the verge of a food crisis. In her area, and in the area surrounding the hospital she knows of 32 families supporting 201 refugees. Prayer for support for them, mercy for them from God, and peace for the country so that they can return to their homes.
- all is quiet, the country is experiencing peace!
- the Oromo translation of the materials is complete! Eskinder will be sending it up by Wednesday
- all is falling into place for the July trainings!
- Eskinder is suffering from terrible pain in his back—prayer for healing!
- Prayer for health of Eskinder’s family
- Prayer for 10 persecuted MBBs that Eyasu is counseling
- for the new office at the Palau organization’s site! Our orientation is tomorrow. We’re looking forward to making connections and working alongside so many dedicated fellow believers
- David’s family received a donation of a second car that will make things easier for their family
- 2 couples have decided to support David’s family!
- David will speak Wednesday about the ministry of FFICM at Portland Christian School.
- Dara and Ian’s kids (Odette and Carsten) are sick with high fevers. Prayer for healing for the kids and rest for the parents!
- David and Denise’s son Asher is sick and has to miss school, and their son Ben is beginning counseling tomorrow for dealing with anger in the face of all the change in his life (he also struggles with eyesight issues and ADHD, which make schooling difficult!) Prayer for their family and healing both physical and emotional for their sons.
- Nicole is still looking for full-time work! Prayer for provision for her and the exact right job opportunity.