- We might have found a venue for the conference, the national youth center is willing to host us. However, they need to find another venue for their youth (who were planning on using the center at that time) so pray they will find one!
- Comfort has trained her friend Esther who is interested in training others! She is stopping by the office for materials today.
- Benjamin, the convert from the jungle outside Jos, is continuing to do very well in his correspondence course and is witnessing to his friends.
- That Samuel’s wife Jessica and their new son are continuing to do well!
- There will be a meeting about the MBB conference Wednesday, prayer for wisdom in preparations!
- We have upcoming programs (one 300 person training and one 130 person training with ECWA) in Jalingo and Abuja, pray that preparations for those go well!
- A COCIN pastor’s son from Chibok was kidnapped in Maiduguri, prayer for him in the trials he is experiencing and for his safe return.
- There was an attack by Islamist militants in Mulari (founded by missionaries in the fifties) they found about 60 bodies and 13 people were kidnapped, pray for their safe return and for them as they suffer in captivity.
- Salah (Muslim holiday) is tomorrow, pray for peace especially in Jos and Maiduguri. In Jos, there is an area where Muslims go to pray that may incite fear and possible violent response by Christian youth, pray that everyone will remain calm!
- For continued peace in the country.
- The church where we held the trainings is now asking for 100 copies of the materials to use!
- The persecution in Shire by the Coptic Christians is intensifying, they tried to kill the pastor and burned his house down. Pray for peace and for the government intervention to work.
- Eritrea not yet open, pray that the country become safe quickly, the evangelical denominations want to get in first, before the prosperity gospel.
- Tomorrow Eyasu and Eskinder will receive the report from the last group of university students, prayer for them as they continue to minister!
- Mbingo is calm! The PAC doctors and all expat doctors are back, which should mean that the army is less likely to attack and kill civilians.
- It is now the harvest period, people in hiding have been able to come from bushes to sneak to their farms to harvest cocoyams and yams, praise that they have been able to find food, and prayer for their safety as they do this!
- The army came and tried to force their way inside an operating room to take a suspected militant, but the doctors were able to prevent them from doing this. They likely would have killed the person.
- for Cameroonian trainers planning to travel to Nigeria in the beginning of September.
- There was a clash between the military and the freedom-fighters close to Fundung, one fighter and one military person was killed.
- The government planning is planning on an election in October, but we’re not sure that the English speaking regions will be able to vote because of unrest, which could lead to further discrimination.
- there have been a lot of killings in villages around Bamenda, freedom fighters burned something, Florence’s home village, killing.
- In Mbingo there are a lot of displaced people, local churches have been sharing resources.
- It is not safe to go back to Belo, it has been completely abandoned. The military
- Rick had coffee with his daughters this week, prayer for God to work healing in his family.
- Rich is enjoying his trip to the East Coast! He has connected well with a church that is interested in further supporting the ministry.
- David’s wife was in terrible pain from an infection in her teeth, needs prayer for healing
- Prayer for the cessation of the terrible wildfires raging all across the West Coast, which is bringing the air quality down in several areas, impacting people with asthma, and lung conditions, as well as the elderly and kids.
- Nicole went to a wedding this weekend, prayer she is rested after a much needed vacation!