Praise and Prayer May 14th
- United Methodist Church of Nigeria would like us to train all 2,000 of their pastors, and the Evangelical Church Winning All wants us to train 250 pastors from Taraba state, and we have two more major denominations who are in conversation with us!
- Samuel Pom finished his seminary degree this week!
- For the next two weeks, Peter and the Nigeria team will be following up with 54 new believers from an evangelistic outreach in a dangerous forest area surrounding Jos. These new believers come from bands of thieves and drug addicts. The evangelists had to receive special permission from the leaders of the bands to enter their territory and share the gospel! Pray for wisdom for Peter and his team, and for special mercy for the new believers to turn from their old lifestyle!
- At the end of May, Peter and the Nigeria team will be traveling north to Niger state to train 50 local believers and pastors. Pray for safe travel for them on the roads, that the arrangements for the training would go smoothly with all able to attend, and for their time with our brothers and sisters.
- Prayer for Peter’s wife’s health as they try to confirm her diagnosis and obtain treatment.
- the people are thanking God for the recovery of the local church commissioner shot by the army.
- the insurgents/freedom-fighters have warned civilians to stay inside on May 20th. Everyone is afraid that this means that they are expecting more bloodshed. Pray for peace!
- no word yet on the safety of our trainees in Anyadua, everyone is still in hiding in the bush. Pray for them!
- The refugee situation in Mbingo is dire. Florence’s recent count is that there are at least 350 more people than the 201 she was aware of, with many more in other areas most probably. Pray for provision for them! We are currently trying to figure out how we can best help.
- for the MBBs that Eyasu is working with, for their steadfastness and faith.
- Eskinder is experiencing some relief from his back pain! Continue to pray for complete healing.
- The new church that was planted most recently is doing very well! Belay is serving as their pastor, please pray for him!
- The Oromo translation is finally finished!
- Eyasu would like to hold a training in Hawassa area for 60 evangelists, but we need to come up with $3,000 for the expenses!
- For Eskinder’s son, who is graduating high school in 20 days.
- For Eskinder’s church, a new church plant in the last 3 years, they have recently lost their building and need to find another place to meet.
- We have a new office at the Luis Palau Association! It has been a wonderful blessing already to our US based staff.
- for Susanna Ballard, who is working as an intern this summer and will be helping Rich to write the training manual.
- Dara’s family has recovered their health and their son Carsten is now sleeping through the night fairly regularly!
- For continued needs for funding for staff positions.
- For Nicole as she continues to look for more work.
- For Rich as he works on new materials for Muslim Background Believers and meets with the Muslim Connection group at Village Baptist to ask for further insight and wisdom.
- For David’s family as he continues to raise support
- For Rick Cordell, his support is currently only at 30% of what he needs!