- Thank God for the training in Vom! The youth leadership is extremely committed. Continue to pray for them as they train others who could not make it to the training ground.
- We had a good week with our prospective new head trainers, Mwanta and Samuel!
- A twelve year old boy went along with the youth to evangelize and learn about follow-up. Praise God for him and pray for the calling on his life!
- The Hausa translation was just completed!
- The 25 year old daughter of one of our new converts in Rahai is suffering terribly from demon possession. Whenever a fit overtakes her, and she is not herself or is unable to speak they rush her to receive prayer, and she immediately becomes normal again, but the family, especially her father, desperately desires her complete freedom from this oppression. Her name is Jennifer.
- Pray for the upcoming trip to Jalingo! There have been attacks surrounding Jalingo and the roads are not always safe. Pray also for the 250 LCCN pastors who are the trainees!
- Margaret Icheoma, wife of the registrar at Gindiri, who Rick has worked with, is undergoing major surgery this week.
- The hospital workers in Mbengo have led 37 to the Lord!
- We heard from Florence that the situation in Cameroon is seriously deteriorating. Belo, where we held our conference just last month, is a ghost town. Everyone has fled, because after the separatists killed a couple of officers, the military came back and by reports on the ground, started indiscriminately killing all of the young people. The same is true of the village where Peter taught the second week in Cameroon. Mbengo is still safe, but it is not safe in the surrounding villages.
- The churches in Cameroon have called 21 days of prayer starting yesterday! Please join them in prayer as you feel led.
- Susanna Ballard will most likely be interning with us this summer! We’re excited to see how the Lord will use her.
- Rich has been meeting with Muslim ministry groups in the US to talk about outreach to new converts, and we will be doing a forum with Muslim converts to better understand how to help them!
- We’re still waiting to hear about office space! We’re hoping we can find a location soon
- We have needs for funding for more support staff and trainers.
- Still pray for our office with Luis Palau organization.
- Pray for Rich’s trip, which begins Thursday!
- David is traveling back from Indonesia–prayers for safe travels!
- prayer for working with the graphic artist–we’re having difficulties finding the right way to format the materials for maximum impact.
- The Tigre and Oromo translations are finished!
- Continued praise for peace and the hope of a peaceful and unified Ethiopia under the new PM.
- continued prayers for upcoming trainings in July with university students!
- prayer for the family of the nine year old boy that died.
- prayer for the church which has many members recovering from substance abuse.